The Fruition Center for Holistic Ecology
Personal Retreat, Permaculture, and Pura Vida in the Scenic Mountains of Costa Rica
Dorm Bed on Permaculture Farm Top bed 2
Dorm Bed on Permaculture Farm; Top bed 2
Enjoy a few nights in our charming dorm room, at our peace-inducing permaculture homestead. Replenish your body & mind with fresh spring water, clean air, organic foods, and the most amazing views of Mount Chirripó, the tallest peak in Costa Rica. Experience real rural living, complete with dry composting toilets and just about every tropical plant/food that you can imagine.
About this space
Built by the hard work and love of many hands, this rustic dormitory rests at the heart of our farm. With cob, coconut husks and lumber from our land, these walls tell a story. Guests wake up to the sunrise or the forest cloud mist. Our dormitory beds have their own mosquito-nets and storage space for personal items. Enjoy access to a beautiful communal kitchen, Fruition Centre, shared outside shower, shared dry-compost toilet and a laundry facility. Staying on an organic permaculture farm can offer many experiences, giving visitors a taste of what it is like to live a more self-sustaining lifestyle.
The farm and surrounding areas offer many spaces to unwind such as; hammocks, gardens, a small waterfall, mountain hikes, nearby beautiful rivers and Uvita’s famous Whale’s tail beach and National Park about an hour away.
TOWELS & AMENITIES:
Please consider that we live in a humid tropical climate. We highly recommend that you bring along easy drying towels and clothes. We only make use of Eco-friendly products so please ensure you bring some along. Otherwise you’re more than welcome to get your Eco-products that we produce here at the farm (body soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste), just ask and we will give it to you at a fair price.
Other things to note
– Check-in times: 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
– One of the core ethos of permaculture is the care of the earth. Recycling and preserving our natural resources is a big component of this. Please respect the community’s ecological guidelines and support it’s efforts by not brining in outside packaging, including: tetra packs, plastic bags, plastic water bottles, straws, plastic wraps, aluminium foil, one-time-use items and non-biodegradable hygiene products.
– We are located in a remote area of town, please have a look at a map to see where we are. We suggest you plan your drive or bus ride to the Finca in advance, so we can be connected and ready to help you with any challenges you may have on route.
– If you are going to rent a car, we strongly suggest a 4×4 vehicle, especially during rainy season.
– If you are coming from San José or the SJO airport, please consider that despite the fact that we are about 160 km away, driving from the big city could take you approximately 4 hours.
What this place offers
Bedroom and laundry
Internet and office
Kitchen and dining
Parking and facilities
Host greets you
Where you’ll be
San Isidro de El General, San José Province, Costa Rica
Our neighbourhood is called San Agustin, its approximately 45 minutes away from San Isidro. It’s off the beaten path and it gives visitors a nice welcome to the best tropical rural town of Costa Rica.
The town has a school, church and 2 small stores, there are no bars or restaurants. The surrounding neighbours are family farmers raising animals and cultivating, coffee, bananas, and gardens.
Our location is Finca Fruition, San Agustín, Pérez Zeledón, San José Province, Costa Rica.
From Juan Santamaría International Airport take a TUASA bus to MUSOC terminal in San José, from there take the bus to San Isidro de El General. When you arrive in San Isidro, make your way to the Central Market (Mercado Central), its about 10 min walk. There’s a public bus to San Agustin that reads “Esperanza”, it runs from Monday to Saturday and departs @ 16:30 pm. and @ 14:30 pm on Sunday (schedules are subject to change). Once on the bus, our town is the last stop, you”ll get off at our at our local grocery “Pulperia” around 18:00 pm, then its a 10 minute walk to our farm. By the time you arrive it will be dark so we will be happy to pick you up at the grocery store and bring you to the farm.
Take an Uber or local taxi from Juan Santamaría International Airport to MUSOC terminal in San Isidro de El General. From San Isidro de El General you can hire another Uber or local taxi to bring you to Finca Fruition.
By Car Rental:
Hire a 4×4 rental vehicle and you will find us on Google Maps as “Finca Fruition”.