The Fruition Center for Holistic Ecology
Personal Retreat, Permaculture, and Pura Vida in the Scenic Mountains of Costa Rica
Wake up in the Jungle. This rustic semi-private accommodation awaits you on our permaculture homestead for the personal retreat experience that you’ve been craving. Guests are greeted by the sunrise each morning and a view of the food forest.
Replenish your body & mind with fresh spring water, clean air, organic foods, and amazing views of Mount Chirripó. Experience real rural living, complete with dry composting toilets, and just about every tropical plant/food that you can imagine.
About this space
Built by the hard work and love of many hands, this open-air private room rests at the heart of our farm. Each bed is fitted with its own mosquito-net and provides storage space for personal items. Staying on an Organic Permaculture farm can offer many experiences, giving visitors a taste of what it is like to live a more self-sustaining lifestyle.
The farm and surrounding areas offer many spaces to unwind such as; hammocks, gardens, a small waterfall, mountain hikes, nearby beautiful rivers, and Uvita’s famous Whale’s tail beach and National Park about an hour away.
The property has many organic permaculture gardens and fruit forests for your nourishment & enjoyment.
All buildings have high-speed internet available.
The Fruition Center has a fully stocked semi-outdoor kitchen available for guests to prepare their meals in, as well as a yoga deck.
A lovely local woman is also available to make delicious local dishes, to order. (read more below).
Other things to note
– Check-in times: 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
– One of the core ethos of permaculture is the care of the earth. Recycling and preserving our natural resources is a big component of this. Please respect the community’s ecological guidelines and support its efforts by not bringing in outside packaging, including: tetra packs, plastic bags, plastic water bottles, straws, plastic wraps, aluminum foil, one-time-use items, and non-biodegradable hygiene products.
– We are located in a remote area of town, please have a look at a map to see where we are. We suggest you plan your drive or bus ride to the Finca in advance, so we can be connected and ready to help you with any challenges you may have on route.
– If you are going to rent a car, we strongly suggest a 4×4 vehicle, especially during rainy season.
– If you are coming from San José or the SJO airport, please consider that despite the fact that we are about 160 km away, driving from the big city could take you approximately 4 hours.
What this place offers
Bedroom and laundry
Internet and office
Kitchen and dining
Parking and facilities
Someone is available 24 hours a day to let guests in
Where you’ll be
San José, Costa Rica
Our pueblo (neighborhood) is called San Agustin. It’s approximately a 17km/35-minute drive from San Isidro de El General, in Perez Zeledon. It’s off the beaten path and it gives visitors a wonderful welcome to the tranquility of rural & tropical Costa Rica.
The town has a school, a church, and 2 small stores, there are no bars or restaurants. We have a delightful relationship with the surrounding neighbors who are generally family farmers raising coffee, cows, bananas, and friendly children.
A lovely local woman is also available to make delicious local dishes, to order. They can be delivered, picked up (5-8 minute walk), or arranged for an in-home dining experience. A menu is available in the Fruition Center to order from.
Our location is Finca Fruition, San Agustín, Pérez Zeledón, San José Province, Costa Rica.
Uber is a popular ride option for people getting to the farm (although 4×4 is recommended). Rides can cost between 6-15 mil colones ($10-$25) depending on timing and the vehicle that you find.
We have a couple of neighbors who are sometimes available to provide transportation to and from town. With advance notice, we are happy to check their availability.
The local bus service has unfortunately been suspended since the pandemic hit.