The Fruition Center for Holistic Ecology
Personal Retreat, Permaculture, and Pura Vida in the Scenic Mountains of Costa Rica
Permaculture Farmstay –
This rustic private accommodation awaits you on our permaculture homestead for the personal retreat experience that you’ve been craving. Guests are greeted by the sunrise each morning and a view of the food forest. Replenish your body & mind with fresh spring water, clean air, organic foods, and amazing views of Mount Chirripó. Experience real rural living, complete with dry composting toilets and just about every tropical plant/food that you can imagine.
About this space
Built by the hard work and love of many hands, this rustic dormitory rests at the heart of our farm. With cob, coconut husks and lumber from our land, these walls tell a story. Guests wake up to the sunrise or the forest cloud mist. Our dormitory beds have their own mosquito-nets and storage space for personal items. Enjoy access to a beautiful communal kitchen, shared “outdoor” solar-showers, shared dry-compost toilets, and a laundry facility. There are several trails to enjoy throughout the property, hammocks for napping, fresh fruit to pick, and a never-ending cacophony of birds, insects and other natural sounds to lull you into an enriching peace. Staying on an organic permaculture farm can be a life-changing experience, giving visitors a taste of what it’s like to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
The farm and surrounding areas offer many spaces to unwind such as; hammocks, gardens, a small waterfall, mountain hikes, nearby beautiful rivers, and Uvita’s famous Whale’s tail beach and National Park about an hour away.
The property has many organic permaculture gardens and fruit forests for your nourishment & enjoyment.
All buildings have high-speed internet available.
The Fruition Center has a fully stocked semi-outdoor kitchen available for guests to prepare their meals in, as well as a yoga deck.
A lovely local woman is also available to make delicious local dishes, to order. (read more below).
Other things to note
– Check-in times: 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM.
– One of the core ethos of permaculture is the care of the earth. Recycling and preserving our natural resources is a big component of this. Please respect the community’s ecological guidelines and support its efforts by not bringing in outside packaging, including: tetra packs, plastic bags, plastic water bottles, straws, plastic wraps, aluminum foil, one-time-use items, and non-biodegradable hygiene products.
– We are located in a remote area of town, please have a look at a map to see where we are. We suggest you plan your drive or bus ride to the Finca in advance, so we can be connected and ready to help you with any challenges you may have on route.
– If you are going to rent a car, we strongly suggest a 4×4 vehicle, especially during rainy season.
– If you are coming from San José or the SJO airport, please consider that despite the fact that we are about 160 km away, driving from the big city could take you approximately 4 hours.
What this place offers
Bedroom and laundry
Heating and cooling
Internet and office
Kitchen and dining
Parking and facilities
Allow stay for 28 days or more
Where you’ll be
Pérez Zeledón, San José, Costa Rica
Our location is Finca Fruition, San Agustín, Pérez Zeledón, San José Province, Costa Rica.
Uber is a popular ride option for people getting to the farm (although 4×4 is recommended). Rides can cost between 6-15 mil colones ($10-$25) depending on timing and the vehicle that you find.
We have a couple of neighbors who are sometimes available to provide transportation to and from town. With advance notice, we are happy to check their availability.
The local bus service has unfortunately been suspended since the pandemic hit.